Here’s my recipe for 400g worth of delicious and easy to make shortcrust pastry.
- 300g plain flour, plus a little extra for dusting
- 66g lard cut into small cubes (softened out of the fridge for 30 minutes)
- 66g unsalted butter cut into small cubes (softened out of the fridge for 30 minutes)
- Pinch of salt
- 2/3 tablespoons water
- Sieve the flour into a large mixing bowl
- Add the salt
- Add the lard and butter into the bowl and, using your fingertips, gently rub into the flour until you get evenly sized pieces
- Add the water and mix until it comes together and leaves the sides of the bowl clean.
- Rest into the fridge for at 30 minutes
Now you can roll it out for your favourite recipes!
Let me know what you think!